Jonathan Majors’ Rumored Kang Replacement Previously Expressed Interest In Playing A Marvel Villain, So Is It Really Happening?

Mere hours after Jonathan Majors was found guilty in December of misdemeanor assault and harassment, Marvel Studios fired the actor. So his MCU tenure comes to an end after this outings in Loki and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, and naturally it’s been questioned how this franchise will handle the many variants of Kang the Conquerer in the upcoming Marvel movies. One possibility is the role will simply be recast, with Colman Domingo rumored to be the top contender for the role. As it turns out, Domingo once expressed interest in playing a Marvel villain, so could this strengthen his chances of becoming the new Kang.

2021 was a big year for the actor, as he appeared in Without Remorse, The God Committee and Candyman. Ahead of that first movie’s release, Domingo, who’s also well known for playing Victor Strand in Fear the Walking Dead, was interviewed by AwardsWatch, and towards the end of the conversation, he said the following when asked if he would accept a role in Captain Marvel 2 (which would come to be known as The Marvels) if director Nia DaCosta, who also helmed Candyman, offered it to him:

I've been part of The Walking Dead universe, but when it comes to Marvel or DC, I'm like, I think I’m ready now. I’m worked out, I'm fit... I think I want to play a villain. I just want to be a villain. I don’t want to be the good guy. I actually want to do some really dirty, nasty work.

Source link https://returndays.com/index.php/2024/01/06/jonathan-majors-rumored-kang-replacement-previously-expressed-interest-in-playing-a-marvel-villain-so-is-it-really-happening/?feed_id=26551&_unique_id=65996508e6b2e

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post